Thursday, July 23, 2009

Can Urine Therapy cure Vitiligo ?

Wait ??!! Urine Therapy ??
Before you cringe and make that *euww* facial expression.
Do you know what we've been putting on our body ? on our skin ? on our face ??

Here we go :
- Cow's uric acid, Allantoin, used for creams and lotions.
- Protein found in umbilical cords, Hyaluronic Acid, used for cosmetics.
- Placenta, from the uterus of animals and contains waste matter eliminated by the fetus, used in skin creams, shampoos, masks.
- Turtle oil, from the genitals of giant sea turtles, used for soap, skin creams, nail creams, cosmetics.
- Urea, Carbamide, from urine and other bodily fluids, used for deodorants, mouthwashes, hand creams, lotions, shampoos.
- Bull Semen, from, well, bull semen, used to give that extra shine on your hair.
www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=35685&in_page_id=34

The list continues, go here for more :
www.bestinbeauty.com/top-10-strangest-ingredients.aspx
www.happycow.net/health-animal-ingredients.html

Okay... we're not gonna go discuss about all that stuff.
But now that you're open to "new" things.
Let's discuss about Urine Therapy

Apparently Urine Therapy has been around for a long long time.
It doesn't seem to be harmful to your health, unless of course you have an infection down there.
Sailors did it to survive when they ran out of water in the sea.

Of course there are pros and cons regarding Urine Therapy,
the cons - urine is waste etc etc
the pros - urine contains excessive nutrients that are excreted from the body.
But I am always open for any alternative ways to heal Vitiligo :)
You can do your own research for Urine Therapy on the internet, or buy the books.
You'll learn about Urine's many health benefits, the numerous diseases cured, Urine's "nutritional" content, etc etc.
It's your body, it's your decision, you should do whatever you think is best for you.
You should also be comfortable with whatever you're doing :)

I'm not going to wait untill someone announces that Urine Therapy cure his/her Vitiligo,
and I don't care what people think.
I am just going to try Urine Therapy, by applying it on my skin.
Seriously... I'm going to put my own urine on my face.
I can't drink it though, I tried, but couldn't
I had the glass half full, right in front of my face and I was ready to drink it, but I couldn't, so I didn't force myself to drink it. I just couldn't, no pressure.
My dad, on the other hand, did it, and it was fine for him, no cringing, no nothing.
But he didn't do it continuously, so I really don't know what health benefits it brought him.
He's a pretty healthy guy in general.
But who knows what will happen next.... I might be able to drink my own urine..... :P
but right now, I know I can't :)

I found this article pretty interesting.
www.thejakartapost.com/news/2001/05/23/urine-therapy-no-waste-time-one-firm-believer.html
Although I'm open for new things, his daily routine is a bit too much urine :p but hey, it's been really beneficial for him, so he's just sharing his knowledge.

This is one of the books I have, which has some useful information regarding urine therapy.
The Water of Life by J.W Armstrong.



So........
From reading a few books, and reading on the net here and there, some are about successful testimonials, this is what I've learnt so far :

1. Make sure you're healthy if you decide to do a Urine Therapy.
or consult your doctor, etc

2. Yes you can apply your own urine on your skin.
Even someone else's urine.... no kidding
It's been said that Urine may reduce wrinkles, soften skin, clears acne, good for psoriasis, etc
So.... I'm going to see if it cures my Vitiligo. :)
Also, our skin is the largest organ in our body and it absorbs everything that we put on it, so I'm always careful of what skin product I use and if Urine can be beneficial.... I'm up for it.

3. What you eat affect the taste of your urine.
I've never tasted my urine, so..... I wouldn't know the taste, but people say it's salty....
What I know is, it affects the color of my urine and it also affects the smell.
Like... If I've been eating junk food, then my urine would be a darker yellow color, or If I've been drinking coffee, then I can smell coffee in my pee.
So... I consider myself quite a Healthy Vegan right now, so I'm good :)

4. I use morning urine...the middle stream.
You know.... allow yourself to pee for a bit, then use the pee in the middle, and not the pee when you're almost finished peeing either. Do you get it ? ;p I'm so bad at explaining things.
Then I apply my urine on my face (that's where my Vitiligo is) and I leave it for a while, until it dries and I just rinse it off :)

5. Do I tell my friends that I'm putting my Urine on my skin ?
No :)
Too many questions, I just don't tell them.

So......... that's that :)
You know how in the morning, you just need to go to the bathroom to pee and you forget all about Urine Therapy.... yupp.... happens to me too :)
But... I'll try to remember next time :)
Good luck in your Urine Adventure :p

and... So, Can Urine Therapy cure Vitiligo ?
at this point, I don't know.... but I'm doing my own version of Urine Therapy to find out.
I personally think we need a balanced healthy happy life to cure and heal Vitiligo, so it's a combination of a lot of things (Eating Healthily, Being Truly Happy, Living a Balanced Life, etc)
but I sure do hope Urine Therapy can help cure Vitiligo :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I doubt if urine therapy cures vitiligo. I was on urine therapy religiously for four solid months(which is long enough for trial), but saw no difference. Maybe its an individual thing but I do not encourage or recommend it for anyone. I have done a lot for my Vitiligo and general well being, there is no health benefit I see to urine therapy, Water therapy, YES.
Ogo

HealVitiligo.com said...

Hi Ogo :)
Thanx for sharing your experience :D
I'll keep doing the urine thing for now and see what happens.
The problem being, on most days, I keep on forgetting to do it :)
*need to start being disciplined*