Monday, August 10, 2009

Vitiligo links with Sleeping -Stress-Immune System

We all know that Vitiligo is an Auto Immune Disease.
some refer it as a Disorder or a Condition.
It's all the same for me, I have Vitiligo :)

Now,
If you go to google and search
"sleeping and immune system"
"stress and immune system"
You'll find a lot of articles about it.

So yes... they are all linked.
Sleeping affects the Immune system
Stress affects the Immune system
Having a Balanced Life affects the Immune system.
Sleeping and Stress is linked to Vitiligo and it can worsen our Vitiligo condition.
So, Having a Balanced Life may Heal your Vitiligo, or at least, stop it from spreading.

Sleep Well !!
I know that whenever I needed to work late or I just wanted to watch a really good show on TV, and I force myself to stay awake late at night, ignoring how sleepy I am, I'd feel "funny" , not in a good way, I just feel off, just kinda weird, but still tolerable, so that's why I still sleep late even now.

Then I recently read that sleeping late actually messes your body's routine functions.
Some research says it may give you diabetes because your insulin production is disrupted when you sleep late.
You know how your body repairs and revitalize itself while you're sleeping, right ?
So when you are sleepy, listen to your body and go to bed !! Rest !!
Your body needs an adequate rest to maintain your health.

It never really bothered me before, I never felt "funny" before.
In the past I just slept late and woke up late.
by saying "In the past", I meant all my life. ;p
I didn't really think that it would mess my internal clock or affect my overall wellbeing.
I always thought "I'm good... I always sleep late and I'm doing fine..."
I honestly don't get people who sleep early and wake up early..... what do they do in the morning anyway?..... oh stoopid me... I know now that they're living a way healthier life than I do and I NOW want to have that healthy daily routine.

I want to sleep right, so my body can regain its natural rhythm and my immune system can function correctly and then, yup.... heal my Vitiligo :)
You need to know that Our body is a wonderful system that is capable of healing itself.
But we also need to take care of ourselves :D
So.... sleep right !!

What about Stress ???
I know firsthand that stress causes Vitiligo and a lot of other problems.
- My dad had a recurring stomach problem (gastro something) when he was a young struggling businessman and his problem has now all gone away. So yes... stress causes his stomach problem.
- My mom's sole (bottom of both feet) kinda gets dry.
Ok, I don't know how to explain it, it's not psoriasis, it's just uncomfortable and it worsens during stress times..... but when she's happy and worry free, the condition goes away by itself.
- Me
I know that stress is one of the trigger that caused my Vitiligo and my Vitiligo spreads when I'm stressed/unhappy.
So yeah..... Stress affects your total well being and it totally affects Vitiligo.

So....
that's 2 things we know and that's also 2 things we CAN fix !!!
We can fix our Sleeping pattern and we can choose to be Happy to help Heal ourselves and Heal our Vitiligo.
Seriously.... Sleeping Right and Being Happy.... plus a Healthy Diet
well, in short a Balanced Life, will give us a Healthier Happier Life no matter what. :)
Choose it !

0 comments: