Monday, August 10, 2009

Sunlight and Liquid Paba for Vitiligo

When I was reading Emily's Vitiligo website and somewhere on the site, Liquid Paba is mentioned, that it may be applied on Vitiligo skin under natural sunlight to help repigment.

Like everything else, it has different results, It works on some people and it doesn't work on others.

I did buy this product, Dmae-H3 Liquid PABA by Twinlab

but I was lazy back then, I didn't care much about Vitiligo ... I didn't use it under the sun.... I didn't use it everyday.
actually I almost didn't use it at all until the product expired and I had to throw it away :(
*boo*
I know..... what a waste right.
So I honestly don't know whether this product will work or not.

But I do know that the Liquid PABA smells fishy and it has a consistency of a thin/runny Olive oil. It doesn't itch or sting when I applied it on my face.
But as with everything, test it first, test for allergies, everyone is different.
The reason why I don't use it now ? the product isn't available in my country.



How do you use it ?
Apply it to your Vitiligo skin (you can mix it with skin cream/lotion) and expose it to natural sunlight for 15-30 mins. (healthy sunlight = morning sunlight)
(lesser sun exposure if you have fair skin)
So... you might want to give it a try.... who knows that it may help you repigment.

0 comments: